Neha Prakash : IAS 2012 TOPPERS


While the girls overshadowed boys in the Civil Services Examination conducted by Union Public Services Commission (UPSC), a Patna girl also did the city proud by securing 22nd rank in the prestigious examination. An alumnus of IIM-Lucknow, Neha Prakash said her diehard attitude and support of her parents helped her qualify the examination with flying colours.

Neha, who is an ex-student of the city-based Notre Dame Academy, expressed delight at her achievement, "I was confident that I would qualify, but such an astounding success left me ecstatic beyond bounds."

The 29-year-old Neha, who made it big in the first attempt itself, completed her engineering from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra and MBA from IIM-Lucknow. She is presently based in Delhi working with a multinational bank

Talking to TOI on phone from New Delhi, she said, "Working with a multinational bank, I am making profits for a foreign bank. This does not provide me an opportunity to work for the people of my country, which the Civil Services would. So I decided to join it." She added, "I attribute my success to my parents who were always by my side and supported me wholeheartedly in my efforts."

No doubt, Neha's father Jai Prakash, who is employed in Union ministry of agriculture and posted in Bihar, and mother Priti Prakash are beaming. "We are extremely proud of our daughter. She was always a bright student and qualified in Common Admission Test (CAT) without any coaching. We were confident of her success this time too," said Neha's mother.

Neha has now become a role model for the Civil Services aspirants. She advises them, "Firstly, they should shed the notion that the Civil Services examination is too tough to qualify. They should have full faith in their abilities." She added, "What matters is smart strategy and putting it into practice. I can say with full confidence that self-study can help you better than any coaching." Incidentally, she herself did not go for any coaching.

She had taken sociology and management as her mains subjects, and suggests the aspirants to choose their subjects as per their inclination. "I don't think there are any subjects which are more marks fetching. Interest in a subject and one's exposure to it must be the only guiding factors." She adds, "An aspirant must expose himself to maximum number of resources apart from books to have in-depth knowledge. A good knowledge of current affairs is important just not for general studies but also for optional subjects. Extensive reading of newspapers is a must for every aspirant."


SOURCE: TOI

*For More Updates  please Stay Connected with our facebook page

9 comments:

  1. Dear Neha we are proud of you. Though we have never interacted but heard a lot about you from my parents. You are the STAR of the family.

    Love
    Jyoti didi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Neha Ma'am.

    Regards,
    Abhishek
    "Your Junior from Hell :)"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrates.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly motivating, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It incredible to make it in first attempt, but why did you wait for so many years to give that attempt !

    ReplyDelete
  6. really, u are a source of inspiration to all aspirants who are capable but have wrong myths that without coaching its impossinble to crack it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey dear,
    mujhe ips aur ias banana hi future me to mujhe kya karna padhega me tell me............
    how to come ...............???

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey dear,
    mujhe ips officer banna hi mujhe kya karna padhega.
    me abhi 12th std me hu

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

AddThis Smart Layers

 
Top